Aðalból was occupied 1851 - 1863 and with breaks until 1878. The first settler was Páll Guðmundsson from Hnefilsdalur in Jökuldalur and the farm is first mentioned in the Hof parish census at the end of 1951. In 1852 Páll is the farmer there, unmarried. According to the parish register, Páll was there until 1863 with his wife, Ingibjörg Indriðadóttir. Also, in 1859, Grímur Grímsson is recorded as farmer there and Páll the shepherd. After 1863 little is known about residents at Aðalból, except according to the parish census of 1877 a family was there, farming partners with those at Selsárvellir. The border between Selsárvellir and Aðalból in Búastaðatunga is unknown; the annual rent of three sheep was due before Michaelmas (29. September) and the landowners retained usage rights. Páll dies at Vakurstaðir in 1873. His wife Ingibjörg died 1. January 1878, caught in a storm near an old sheep shelter between Lýtingsstaðir and Vakurstaðir. Since then, the ruins have been called Ingibjörg´s ruins.