Selsárvellir, the innermost farm in the Almenningur area, was first settled in the summer of 1860 when Grímur Grímsson and his wife Aldís Jósefsdóttir moved there. They are there in the 1860 census with two children and Grímur´s sister, Guðrún, in the home. Grímur lived at Selsársvellir until 1871. Sigurður Einarsson took over from Jóhanna Tómasdóttir in 1874, who farmed there after Grímur. Sigurður and his wife, Guðrún Jónsdóttir, had been at Mælifell and moved to Selsárvellir as farm workers in 1866, so they knew the farm, and were there until 1877 in partnership with Jón Jónsson and Sigurbjörg Sigurðardóttir. Sigurður and Guðrún were still at Selsárvellir on 22. August 1876 but something happened to split up the partnership that fall, as shortly before New Year they moved to Aðalból, which had been deserted for 13 years. Farming at Selsárvellir ended in the spring of 1878 when Jón and Sigurbjörg moved away.