Rangalón

Rangalón1Rangalón is at the north end of Sænautavatn lake and was taken from the Möðrudalur estate in 1843 and settled by Þorgerður Bjarnadóttir, who was a sister of the Kristrún living at Sænautasel; and Pétur, a son of Guðmundur Magnússon, Bessastaðir.  This site had some of the same advantages as Sænautasel, in addition to being situated by a frequently used route through the highlands.  Nonetheless, and despite State Treasury support during the last years of habitation in order to maintain this home by the postal route, Rangalón was abandoned in 1923. 

(2) GPS Cordinates (N65°17.64 – W15°31.26)

...

Við erum á Facebook